A new child in the aquariusoft.org family of websites! Behold familiescholten.net, the new home of - well - us :)
Yeah, it has been rather quiet here. However, work hasn't killed my projects, so I'll be updating this website more often in the upcoming months. For the time being, I've started a Django page, on which I group my Django notes (like how to install an app on an Apache server, where to find information on X and such. Enjoy!
Currently working on a design revamp and a structural review of the AquariuSoft website. It will become a lot cleaner and have a better layout. Check back soon!
Released a new snapshot of the Qik website framework. Enjoy!
Added a mobile version, so if you browse with a decent mobile browser the site should look a lot better. Also, be sure to check out the updated Android application list if you are into that platform.
Added Android section. The Android OS is gearing up to be a very promising platform, not in the least to develop for. So, alongside the list of handy applications, there will likely be some homebrew Android applications in the future. Also removed the Security section, as it wasn't maintained anyway.
And a happy 2009! Not that much news here for quite a while, but that doesn't mean nothing is going on. dammIT weblog has recently seen a complete restyle and a surge in content. Also, the website of Apotheek Waterrijck went live and is currently scheduled for a slight overhaul in visuals. Also, the Hedgehog comic by Dirk Doornenbal was launched, as was g1powermac's weblog, which was revived after slumbering for a while.
General updates to the website and added a page about nofications from the irssi IRC client
Happy New Year, and check this firmware howto for Linux.
Added the Portfolio section. Renamed "All things Linux" to "Linux", "Windows programs" to simply "Windows" and "Home and news" to "Home", so they take up less space in the navigation.
Created a website for my girlfriends team of students pharmaceutical sciences. They're simulating a real pharmacy store for training their management skills.
Changed the looks of the website again. The text filling out to the whole width of the window didn't cut it. The bars at the left and right framing the content are better.
UPDATE: everything seems to work fine. If you find something that's missing, doesn't function right or so, please mail webmaster at aquariusoft org.
Totally revamped the site again, thanks to lots of input of Sander. Also reviewed the content of all pages and updated quite a lot of it.
Updated some pages and did some tweaks to the layout. Added support for images in the navigation.
Updated Qik so it supports multiple languages, news items and more. Extensive rewrite to make it a lot more versatile and even easier to set up.
Copied the pages from the database to flat files to use with Qik, developed a new look for aquariusoft.org and put the first version of it online at the new server. Also added a Dutch page.
As I'm currently developing a new version of aquamorph, I updated the projects' pages. Stay tuned for the long awaited release of version 0.3 of aquariusoft's Linux livecd
Implemented a nice url rewrite scheme, so the url's used on this site are a lot cleaner. No longer those [IMHO ugly] parameter style urls. Please update your bookmarks accordingly. Tweaked the CSS a bit. Updated quite some content [update links, add featured items and more].
Reorganized and cleaned up a lot of code of this site to make it more generic and christened the CMS aqute, which will be available for download when it's actually useful for third parties. Cleaned up the styling of the top navigation to let it blend in better with the rest of the site. And last but not least: wrote a parser for special NEWS tags so dynamic news sections are possible. RSS feeds will follow.
Finished the new CSS design, updated some pages and finally putted the new website online. It still needs some tweaking, but it's finally almost done now.
Began designing a new CSS. It's going to be a very clean one.
Tried to fix the CSS for IE. Validated some pages, updated the frontpage. Renamed "Main section" to "Home".
Redesigned general navigation layout, with new color scheme.
Designed a menu layout.
Restyled the news item layout.
Restyled the page layout. Made it xhtml 1.1, finally stopped using tables as positioning tools [yuck] and made a new stylesheet from scratch.
A major code overhaul in the logic behind this site. And a new logo :) See it at bottom of this or every other page.
Updates to the aquamorph page, the Credits page and this Homepage.
Put the files of the Windows programs on this server, so they could be downloaded from here. Still have to make new pages for each program though.